The next academic year starts in April 2020.
Applications for the McGill MBA Japan program entrance in April 2020 are now open!
Candidates should visit the GMAT website, and prepare for the TOEFL or IELTS test if necessary.
Open House Sessions are going on now. To register for an Open House, please visit https://mcgillmbajapan.
or send us an email to email@example.com.
Documents, references, and scores (if necessary) can be uploaded after the initial application has been submitted online and the application fee has been paid.
In order to submit your application, follow the Application Procedures. General information follows.
Application Procedures: General Information:
- Download the Application Help Page below
- Application Help Page for April 2020 Entry
- Application fee: $117.35 payable by credit card when you submit the application.
After your application has been received, an email will be sent to you with your McGill ID number.
Step 2: Uploading supporting documents
All supporting documents must be uploaded directly to uApply as a PDF. See here for information and instructions on how to upload supporting documents.
- Transcripts: Upload your complete record of study from each university-level institution listed on your application. The transcript must include courses and grades for each year attended. In the case of institutions where a degree has been obtained but the degree awarded and date awarded is not clearly indicated on the related transcript, a copy of the degree certificate (diploma) should be uploaded along with the transcript. Uploaded copies will be considered as unofficial; final official copies will be required once you are offered admission. McGill transcripts need not be uploaded.
* Transcripts (and degree certificates) in languages other than English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.
- Reference letters: On the application form, you must provide the name and email address of two individuals who have been directly responsible for evaluating your academic and/or managerial performance and potential. You may send this recommendation form to your referee to complete. Alternatively, the referee may write their own recommendation letter. Once your application has been submitted, McGill will automatically contact the referees and invite them to upload the reference letter.
Note: Referees must upload their reference letter as a PDF.
- Curriculum Vitae: Upload your CV.
- Personal Statement: Write an essay to upload in response to the following:
Demonstrate your suitability for the MBA Japan Program by outlining your career objectives and discussing how your previous experience (educational, work, extra-curricular, community involvement, etc.) is relevant to your studies. List any awards, honors, publications, or any other factors that you would like to be considered in support of your application.
- GMAT results: When registering for the test, please ensure that you request the results be sent directly to McGill University, Institution Code: 58 H-MN-22. McGill will then receive the results electronically, directly from the testing agency.
- GRE results: If you take the GRE as an alternative to the GMAT, when registering for the test, please ensure that you request the results be sent directly to McGill University, Code 0935.
- TOEFL results (if required): When registering for the test, please ensure that you request the results be sent directly to McGill University, Code: 0935, Department Code: Graduate schools of Management, MBA Admissions, Montreal, QC, H3A 1G5. McGill will then receive the results electronically, directly from the testing agency.
Potential Candidates are strongly advised to contact two people who have had supervisory roles to supply a reference. The Letter of Reference form is provided above, under Step 2: Uploading supporting documents. Referees receive an email inviting them to upload the reference letter.
Potential Candidates must ensure that they have unofficial transcripts, or student copies of their transcripts, from all universities they have attended – whether to obtain a degree, as a visiting or exchange student, or as a part-time student. You may upload unofficial transcripts at the time of application. Official transcripts must be forwarded to McGill at the time of admission.
McGill University alumni will have their transcripts procured internally.
The Desautels Faculty of Management will accept GMAT or GRE scores as part of the admission requirements to the McGill MBA Japan program.
In principle, the GMAT score is required for admission to the Desautels Faculty of Management MBA Programs. Candidates should start preparing for GMAT as soon as possible so that they can obtain a sufficient score for admission. The Desautels Faculty requires a GMAT score of 570, with at least a score of 30 on the quantitative section.
If you take a Graduate Records Examination test, you should have a minimum score of 152 on the quantitative section.
GMAT or GRE Waiver
Students with an extensive employment background, or advanced degrees in the sciences or engineering, may be eligible for a GMAT or GRE waiver. Please speak with our Program Director for more information.
English Proficiency: TOEFL or IELTS Scores
McGill University requires all candidates to demonstrate English-language proficiency. A TOEFL score of at least 86, with 20 marks on each section, or an IELTS score in the 6.5 band are required for the McGill MBA Japan program. More information on English language requirements at McGill University can be obtained at: http://www.mcgill.ca/gradapplicants/international/apply/proficiency
If you have questions about the application procedure, please contact our office in Tokyo at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us in Tokyo at 81-3-6279-0412.
Thank you and we look forward to talking to you soon.