The next academic year starts in April 2015.
Applications for admission will open in late Summer 2014.
Preparation for Application:
Potential Candidates are strongly advised to start preparing during the spring and summer, so that they can submit their application as early as possible when the admission systems open in late summer 2014.
Potential Candidates are strongly advised to contact two people who have had supervisory roles to supply a reference. The Letter of Reference form is provided below under Step 2 - Uploading supporting documents. Referees receive an email inviting them to upload the reference letter.
Potential Candidates must ensure that they have unofficial transcripts, or student copies of their transcripts, from all universities they have attended: whether to obtain a degree, as a visiting or exchange student, or as a part-time student. You may upload unofficial transcripts at the time of application. Official transcripts must be forwarded to McGill at the time of admission.
McGill University alumni will have their transcripts procured internally.
In principle, the GMAT score is required for admission to the Desautels Faculty of Management MBA Programs. Candidates should start preparing for GMAT as soon as possible so that they can obtain a sufficient score for admission. The Desautels Faculty requires a GMAT score of 570, with at least a 30 on the Quantitative Section.
Student with extensive employment background, or advanced degrees in the sciences or engineering may be eligible for a GMAT waiver. Please speak with our Program Director for more information.
English Proficiency: TOEFL or IELTS Scores:
McGill University requires all candidates to demonstrate English-language proficiency. A TOEFL score of minimum 86 with 20 on each section, or a IELTS score in the 6.5 band are required for the McGill MBA Japan program. More information on English Language requirements at McGill University can be obtained here: http://www.mcgill.ca/gradapplicants/apply/prepare/international/proficiency
Application Procedures: General Information:
- Download the application help page to guide you through the application submission.
- Application Help Page 2015
- Application fee: $ 104.86 payable by credit card when you submit the application.
After your application has been received, an email will be sent to you with your McGill ID number.
Step 2: Uploading supporting documents
All supporting documents must be uploaded directly to uApply as a PDF document. See here under Summer 2015 for information and instructions on how to upload supporting documents.
- Transcripts*: Upload your complete record of study from each university-level institution listed on your application. The transcript must include courses and grades for each year attended. From institutions where a degree has been obtained and it is not clearly indicated on the transcript the degree awarded and date awarded, a copy of the degree certificate (diploma) should be uploaded along with the transcript.
Uploaded copies will be considered as unofficial; final official copies will be required once you are offered admission. McGill transcripts need not be uploaded.
* Transcripts (and degree certificates) in languages other than English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation.
- Reference letters: On the application form, you must provide the name and email address of two individuals who have been directly responsible for evaluating your academic and/or managerial performance and potential. You may send this recommendation form to your referee to complete or the referee may write up their own recommendation letter. Once your application has been submitted, McGill will automatically contact the referees and invite them to upload the reference letter.
Note: Referees may upload their reference letter either as a PDF or Word file.
- Curriculum Vitae: Upload your CV
- Personal Statement: Write an essay to upload in response to the following.
Demonstrate your suitability for the MBA Japan Program by outlining your career objectives and discussing how your previous experience (educational, work, extra-curricular, community involvement, etc.) is relevant for your studies. List any awards, honours, publications, or any other factors which you would like for consideration in support of your application.
- GMAT results: When registering for the test, please ensure that you request the results be sent directly to McGill University, Institution Code: 58 H-MN-22. McGill will then receive the results electronically, directly from the testing agency.
- TOEFL results (if required): When registering for the test, please ensure that you request the results be sent directly to McGill University, Code: 0935, Department Code: 02. McGill will then receive the results electronically, directly from the testing agency.